The best way to start the day is to do so by eating healthy. You begin a day filled with good energy and the right nutrients. Today, I would like to show you how to make a really healthy and simple recipe for pancakes!
The ingredients for these pancakes are found in the house. The toppings for these pancakes are up to you, however, I do provide some delicious and fruity toppings that taste spectacular with this recipe. In case you are a visual learner, I have attached photos with each steps below the recipe!
3 Ingredient Healthy Pancakes!
Perfect For: the person who wants some delicious and filling pancakes that are guilt-free and provide a balanced meal! Also does not require any advanced cooking skills;)
Servings: 1 Person
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- A little bit of cinnamon
- *Optional: 1/4 cup of almond or whole-wheat flour (this gives a little more sturdiness)
- Take a pan and put over heat. Make sure to put cooking oil on pan to prevent food from sticking to pan.
- Take the banana and mash it with a fork. Once mashed, put into a small bowl.
- Crack egg and put it in the same bowl with the banana. Mix both together until there is a consistency in the mixture (small banana chunks are okay)
- Next, add a little bit of cinnamon to the mixture. If you like to add the optional almond or whole-wheat flour, do so now. Mix well.
- Now, pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan like a regular pancake. Do not make too large or it will hard to flip over.
- Cook on one side on low heat until sides are brownish (this might take 1-2 minutes). Flip pancake to other side.
- Once pancake is cooked, put on a plate. Repeat steps 5-6 until all of batter has been used.
I enjoy putting a spoonful of vanilla yogurt on top of my pancakes and adding some cut berries, like blueberries or strawberries. You can also try to put a serving size of peanut butter (check the back of the container to see what the serving size recommends) or you can add a serving of syrup as well. My personal favorite is the yogurt with strawberries because it seriously tastes delicious! And you get a some dairy into your first meal along with some fruit.
Pictures with Steps
Step 1: Gather all ingredients (Below I have one cut banana, 1/4 cup of whole-wheat flour, and 1 egg)
Step 2: Take banana and put it on a cutting board (I have two eggs in the picture- use two if mixture is not soft enough to stir)
Step 3: Mash banana with fork
Step 4: Put mashed banana into bowl
Step 5: Crack one egg and mix. If batter is too hard, feel free to add another egg (I did not use the other egg in this recipe). If you want to add flour and cinnamon, do so now and mix well.
Step 6: Now, after making sure that you have greased a pan (I used coconut oil), pour a small amount of the batter like a pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes on one side on low heat. Flip over to other side once cooked enough.
Step 7: Recipe should produce about 3-4 pancakes, depending on your size of pancakes. Now add your toppings! 😀
Step 8: Here are the toppings I recommend and love! I added a spoonful of vanilla yogurt and cut up two strawberries.
How is this a balanced meal?
Good question! To make this a balanced meal, we must make sure to get a good serving of each food group from the MyPlate example I often reference. From the pancakes in this recipe, we get good protein and complex-carbohydrates that will keep our stomachs full and also filled with long-lasting energy.
The toppings of on our pancakes can vary, but if you decide to add some vanilla yogurt and fruit, you get some dairy (some excellent calcium to keep your bones and teeth strong!) and you also incorporate fruit, which give natural sugars that are good for the body.
If you add some peanut butter or a little bit of Nutella on your pancakes, you get some additional protein in your meal. Putting a little bit of these things are fine, just make sure that you following the serving size on the back of the container.
Have an awesome start to your day! For more fun recipes, follow this blog and don’t forget to follow Talk by Victoria on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest: @talkbyvictoria
Use the hashtag #talkbyvictoria if you decide to make this recipe and you may have a chance to be featured on our Instagram or blog page! Feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more additional healthy and easy-to-make recipes, check more out from this blog below!